The Last Class in 2021

Hi all,

This is Nisreen from Tokyo!

How are you?

 

The End of Summer/ Painted by me

I had the last online class of the year 2021 with my students on 18th of December.

In the class, we watched their dance videos improvising to the theme of the year -- Geceler and Çile Bülbülüm played by John Bilezikjian -- together. Then we looked back the individual goals that we’d set around the same time in the last year. It is not easy to improvise, especially to the song where both passion and softness are required! I was truly impressed by their creativity and eagerness to take on a new challenge. There is nothing more satisfying for a teacher than seeing students conquer each challenge and express themselves through dancing.

 The link to the music

In the morning of the same day, I also had my last online class as a student this year, with my teacher in New Jersey, TarikSultan.

After a year and half training with him, I have to take every chance to say this. Tarik's online dance class is fantastic! It has helped me to become more solid on my dance techniques and musicality. It also showed me the way real teachers teach.

 

He is one of the most patient teachers I've ever seen. He repeats the movements until we really get it, which is the best way to learn. He does not do choreographies in the class. However, I have become better with memorizing choreographies since I started taking his class. In my view, it is because his approach helped me to develop my body awareness and better observation skills.

 

Although I have been dancing for years and performing in mainly AmCab or Turkish influenced styles, I had not gone really in depth with Egyptian Oriental Dance. I believe I've become more comfortable and confident with this field now. He's deeply in touch with the root of the Egyptian Oriental Dance – the sensuality and joy from the music. By following his movements, students can comprehend how to interpret the music. There are few teachers who can do that.

 

I’m grateful for the fruitful time I have spent with wonderful people learning and teaching. Although the pandemic has been preventing me from performing, my love for dance has not faded away. On the contrary, this time has taught me how essential the art was for me.

 

Photographed by Fuka


Love,

Nisreen

 

Instagram

 FB 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

男性のベリーダンスは女性とは違うんですか?

ベリーダンスってハーレムで王様を誘惑するために踊られていた踊りなんでしょ?

ベリーダンスの衣装って、着てて恥ずかしくないですか?